Twitter: an experiment...
We all know that the Music Department does its best to provide information in different formats: notices in trays, Music Captains' email lists and this blog, but students still seem to miss information! So here's the experiment...the Beaumont Music Department Twitter page.
Given the popularity of iphones, ipod touches and blackberries, it could be very easy for you to keep up-to-date with the Music Department's activities using apps such as Twitter, Tweetdeck or Hootsuite. You can also log on to Twitter as usual on the web and hopefully, by having a Twitter page, we will be able to keep more of you informed of our activities.
For those of you who don't know much about Twitter, it's a great way of following people and organisations. As well as following the Beaumont School Music Department, you can also see the orchestras, choirs and organisations which it follows. This will not replace the blog, which will continue to post substantial information, such as homework and long term rehearsal schedules. The Twitter page will be for daily/weekly updates for extra-curricular groups. This could prove to be quite useful for the early morning Concert Band slot. I will try to update rehearsal information on the blog too, but it will be easier to tweet if the message is short!
How do I get involved?
- Sign up to Twitter by clicking here.
- To follow the Beaumont Music Department, either click here or search for "beaumontmusic" once you are logged on.
- Find the "follow" button and click! This will ensure that our news arrives in your homepage.
- Make sure you log on to Twitter regularly to receive any updates from the Music Department.
- Tell your friends to do the same!