Year 13: Georges Auric et 'Les Six'

Year 13,

I have created a short Spotify playlist containing music from all of Les Six, available here. Do have a listen, it contains the fantastic piece La Création du Monde by Darius Milhaud, as well as stuff from the other five. Let it be a portal to lots more music by these composers.

Auric is an interesting case as his music is complicated by his work in movies, listen to some of his film scores (lots on Spotify) for a clearer idea of what I mean.

Finally, here is the story of Les Six.

If you have any questions about your film commentaries please let me know, I appreciate it was a little rushed at the end of the lesson. I will expect to see them orally presented next week.

Many thanks, good work on the analysis today,

Mr. Guinane

Popular posts from this blog

The Rabbit of Seville

Theme of the Week: Songs from Disney Films