Year 13 Homework: Thursday 29th September
You need to do some research into the Arcangelo Corelli (1652-1713). Please cover the following:
- His output - the types of compositions and the forces for which he wrote
- Some background about his life including details of any patrons and employers.
- To whom did Corelli dedicate his Op. 3 Trio Sonatas?
- What is a Sonata da Chiesa? Give details about the order of the movements
- What is a Sonata da Camera? How do they differ from the Sonata da Chiesa?
- How many performers do you usually need in a Trio Sonata?
Due in: Tuesday 4th October 2011