Alice Watts: Silver Arts Award Review

For my arts review I went to the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty exhibition in London. I went last year in August during the summer holidays with my cousin and aunt. I chose to use this as my arts review because I have a big interest in the fashion industry and I had a lot to say about the exhibition. As I have a big interest in fashion design and textiles, I had such a great day in London at the exhibition because I have never been to something like it before and I thought it would be a good idea to do a review on something I know quite a lot about and could say a lot about instead of a performance at the theatre or a backstage tour.
We looked around at Alexander’s most famous deigns. I feel like that this experience really got me excited for starting my GCSE’s as I’m going to be doing textiles as one of my subjects and by going got me to be able to get me some inspiration for it all and especially because Alexander McQueen is one inspirations. Also while we were there I learnt a lot more about his work, the exhibition gave me an idea in what I want to do as my future career. I would love to work in fashion, either to be a fashion designer myself or to work alongside other famous fashion designers. To be successful in famous is my dream and I’m glad that I have chosen fashion as my subject for my Arts Award. Also, while I was there I learnt a lot about Alexander McQueen’s work and all about his different designs. The only bad thing I didn’t like about the exhibition was that there were some of his best designs which we weren’t allowed to take pictures of which was quite disappointing.
I was so grateful to be able to go that day as I had wanted to go for such a long time. I am definitely going to see the exhibition again or even more ones by different designers. I would definitely recommend going to the exhibition to someone else if they are interested in fashion or Alexander McQueen’s work or just enjoys going to see exhibitions. It is such an amazing opportunity to go.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rabbit of Seville

Theme of the Week: Songs from Disney Films