48 hour Sound of Music Auditions

The moment some of you have been waiting for! Please come for a singing audition at the following times:

Tuesday 12th September at lunchtime in Music: Year 11 & 6th form

Thursday 14th September after school in Music: Years 7-10

Friday 15th September after school (1440): recalls

You will be expected to sing the opening of the stage version of the song Sound of Music. Please note this has an extra introduction which you won't have heard in the film. Music for this can be found in the red hopper outside the Music Office.

A video can be found here - you need to learn from 0:00-1:23. The words are below too.





My day in the hills
Has come to an end, I know.
A star has come out
To tell me it's time to go.
But deep in the dark green shadows,
There are voices that urge me to stay.
So I pause and I wait and I listen,
For one more sound,
For one more lovely thing
That the hills might say!
The hills are alive
With the sound of music,
With songs they have sung,
For a thousand years.
The hills fill my heart,
With the sound of music.
My heart wants to sing every song it hears.

Popular posts from this blog

The Rabbit of Seville